|V2 Rocket Launcher|
Its V2 rocket is the first ballistic missile used in military conflict, though it has a much older history than the Second World War. The design has many drawbacks - the process of rearming the launcher is long and tedious and often extremely hazardous to the crew manning it. However, most Soviet commanders deem these risks necessary and use these launchers to great effect against the Allies, wreaking havoc and destruction against their bases, often with great success.
It is very lightly armoured, with its erector systems exposed and the rocket completely unshielded as well a slow reload time, making it unsuitable for direct firefights. However, when used in a combat support role, the launcher is effective at eliminating tanks and infantry and can be used to eliminate base defences from safe distances. One direct hit from a missile can destroy a medium tank, and splash damage is significant. The missile is so fast that it is practically impossible to be caught by AA defences of any kind (except on "curtained", or specially coated unit or structure), and the rocket is highly accurate. The missile system clearly outranges and outperforms the Allies' counterpart. However, the reload time is extremely slow, during which the V2 rocket launcher is completely defenseless. This highlights the importance of protecting it with tanks and other front-line troops.
The nature of the rocket's flight path makes it much less effective on moving targets, so stationary targets are a good priority. Also, be careful of splash damage - V2 rocket launchers fire at anything that gets into range, and they can devastate friendly units and/or structures if they happen to be nearby.
The V2 became a symbol of great pride in the Soviet Union even after their defeat in the war. The rocket technology was improved during the interbellum years and the V2 was eventually replaced by the V3 Rocket Launcher during the Third World War. Soviet time travel also improved the V-3 further by deploying the V4 launcher, which combined the missile trajectory of the V-3 and the V-2's characteristic of enemy AA being unable to shoot down the launched missile.
- The V2 launcher looks like the 9K52 "Luna" (FROG-7) short-range ballistic missile launcher, which was used by former socialist countries.
- The V2 missile was a ballistic missile used by Germany during WWII. Because of Einstein's Time Travel, it would seem impossible for the V2s to be recreated again. However the creator of the V-2 Rocket could have been coaxed or abducted to the Soviet Union where he created them for Soviets instead of Germans.
- The V2 Rocket seen actually looks skinnier than actual V2 Rockets which tended to be long and fat as opposed to the long and skinny ones in game.
- The V2 Launcher is one of the rare units that can be damaged by Technicians' absurdly useless pistols. Also in the game files, it is named "SCUD launcher. "
- In Russian version V2 Launcher called Luna-M.