Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| This article is written from a|
real world point of view.
|Version||Shared Components v1.1|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac OS|
Westwood Online was the official multiplayer service of games by Westwood Studios.
It is unknown when the service was truly shut down, but the community-run server XWIS, which already existed at the time, became its de facto replacement in 2005, sponsored by the German branch of Electronic Arts.
To access the server, supported games required the Shared Internet Components to be installed. Certain games were incompatible with versions of the Components earlier than the concurrent version at the time of their release.
Other than by using the in-game menus, the server and its chat lobbies could be accessed through Westwood Chat.
- Command & Conquer (Macintosh version) (1996)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert (1996)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Counterstrike (1997)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert: The Aftermath (1997)
- Command & Conquer: Gold (1997)
- Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor (1997)
- Dune 2000 (1998)
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (1999)
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun: Firestorm (2000)
- Nox (2000)
- Nox Quest (2000)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (2000)
- Emperor: Battle for Dune (2001)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge (2001)
- Command & Conquer: Renegade (2002) (partially)