|For other uses, see Yuri.|
Psychic blast causes friendly fire
In Red Alert 2, Yuri Prime is a stolen-tech unit which can be unlocked when a Soviet-controlled spy (either by mind-controlling a spy or by obtaining access to the Allied techtree) infiltrates a Soviet battle lab. An Allied spy infiltrating Soviet battle lab and having an access to Soviet barracks (also built or captured) will have the same effect.
Yuri Prime is a potentially powerful force on the battlefield, with the ability to mind-control most units from a very long distance. His mind-control ability outranges those of most defensive structures and siege units and can thereby cause considerable havoc in the enemy camp without endangering himself. However, like all mind-control units, he is vulnerable to aircraft and units immune to mind control such as attack dogs and terror drones. Unless he is attacked, he also does not mind-control when possible and needs to be given a direct order to control enemy units in order to do so.
Yuri Prime is a commando unit, which usually means only one can exist on the battlefield at a time, although two may be produced with a cloning vat.
- Compared to the Psi-Corps trooper
- Mind-control ability outranges those of most defensive structures and siege units, even more so than a normal Psi-Corps trooper.
- Psychic blast is charged faster than a normal Psi-Corps trooper.
- More expensive than Psi-Corps troopers
- Unable to cross water in spite of levitation abilities.
- Psychic blast can still cause own casualties.
- Only one may be trained from the barracks, although two may be produced with a cloning vat.
- Difficult to acquire.
- Yuri Prime is surprisingly not walking, but levitating above the ground. However, he is unable to cross water.
- An exploit present in earlier versions of Red Alert 2 involved sending the unit into a hospital and when he emerged, another unit would be created at the cloning vat. This enabled unlimited access to Yuri Prime, or any other infantry unit for that matter. This was fixed in patch 1.004.