|Zone Operations Command (ZOCOM)|
Specialized military branch
Soldiers equipped for operations in Red Zones.
Zone Operations Command (ZOCOM) is a high-tech, special task force founded by C. Elena Renteria, one of GDI's first female generals. ZOCOM is primarily deployed to Red Zones, for aggressive reclamation operations against Tiberium. Because of the danger from Nod and Mutant separatist groups and, by extension, possible Scrin activity, ZOCOM protects reclamation operations from assaults.
Because of the high risks of this task, extreme physical and psychological training is required when operating in a Tiberium-rich environment, members of ZOCOM task forces are among the most hardened and well trained soldiers of GDI. Because of their special mission, the ZOCOM utilize a high degree of autonomy from other GDI branches. The ZOCOM soldiers are just as fierce as any force you will encounter in a Red Zone. Most ZOCOM soldiers find the danger and environment of a Red Zone to be exciting, and would be bored in less dangerous areas.
Because of their unique mission, ZOCOM has their own exclusive technologies and units. Most of them are based around their use of sonic weaponry. Due to the sensitive nature of their operations, the ZOCOM don't use the Railguns, or employ Juggernauts in their battles. With combining of air units and ground units, ZOCOM becomes most effective units for All-rounder purpose.
- This upgraded Zone Trooper uses new powered armor, and is armed with a sonic grenade launcher and anti-air, shoulder-mounted rocket launcher packs. Zone Raider was the only units that represent combat female units in GDI Factions instead on Male Units in Zone Trooper.
- An upgraded version of the Shatterer, which is capable of sending an extremely powerful sonic blast, which causes devastating damage but renderers the shatterer inoperable for several seconds.
- Variation of the harvester, armed with rocket launchers instead of the basic anti-infantry gun.
- A variant of the Orca Gunship armed with sonic grenade launchers instead of rockets.
- During the mission 'MARV Rising', ZOCOM deploys three MARVs in a red zone in Africa but all of them are destroyed by LEGION and the new Redeemer.
- A newer deployment of Harmonic resonance technology, ZOCOM has armed Orca Gunships and Grenadier Squads with these newer grenades.
- TIberium field suits designed to survive the dangerous environment of the Red Zones infested by Tiberium.
- An upgraded material use in the armour plating of every aircraft in use by the GDI's ZOCOM.